Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What a weekend!

This past weekend will go down as one of the most enjoyable. You may know I had an art show on Saturday. I was really nervous to display my art with some exceptional professional artists. For the most part, they were all friendly and welcoming. There were one or two who treated me as though we were rival gangs or something, but overall it was a great experience. Sales weren't that great, but I did get lots of exposure. There was a pretty good crowd there. We had great weather. Couldn't have asked for better! There was also live music. If you know me, you know I love live music. Almost any kind of music. After a few hours my grandson (7) joined us and that added to the fun of the day. The event was held in a local park. We were in a field that had swings and splash pads surrounding us, along with lots of green space for the kids to run around. It was really great to just enjoy the fresh air, the people and the music! I even got a little bit of a sunburn!



Saturday night I was exhausted after all that. Zonked out on the couch about 9, woke up at 10 and went to bed. My eyes didn't open again until 830 Sunday morning!

On Sunday I decided to tackle something I've always wanted to do. Canning. I have a garden this year for the first time ever and have tons of tomatoes. So I found a recipe that sounded good, shopped for a few items I needed for it and then started chopping and blanching etc. This was an adventure for me. But the salsa turned out great. Only ended up with 4 jars and a bit. I was anxious to try it out so we had nachos for dinner last night. Salsa was good, but a little chunkier than I like it. It was a lesson for sure.

Sunday evening after the Salsa was all canned we went to a neighborhood Jazz Festival. It was really great. Lots of bands set up down the street. Several playing at the same time, but spaced out so they didn't drown out each other. When one band was finished, you could just walk half a block or so and enjoy another one. In one case all we had to do was turn our chairs around. Again, live music, fresh air outdoors... I was happy!

But come Monday I was exhausted! I just felt completely spent. I'm recovered today and have to get back to painting. I have another show in a few weeks and would love to be able to display more pieces. Also want to come up with an upright display instead of using a table top.

Well, that's about all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment