Thursday, August 22, 2013

Here we go again!

Last week as I was gearing up to create some beautiful pieces for my art shows I had a little accident. I fell down the stairs. Well, if I'm being honest, I fell down 1 stair. Yep. Just one. On the last step down I stepped on this folder that the kittens had knocked onto the floor. The folder slid across the floor as I stepped on it and down I went. And hard!

I was sore and was just positive I had done some damage to something. Hit my head, my elbow, my knee and my hip along with twisting my back. I managed to get myself off the floor and get some ice for my most sore spots. Turned out all those things I thought I really hurt are just fine (the elbow was the worst of it). But about half an hour later I got sick. It got worse as the day went and after a big spaghetti dinner (I was starving), it got really bad. I spent the next 5 or so day feeling miserable. I couldn't eat or really drink anything. I wont provide any further details but let's just say I really didn't enjoy not knowing if I should sit or kneel when in the bathroom. 'Nuff said.

Now I finally feel like a normal person. I'm about to get down and dirty right now in my studio! The invitations to art shows and craft shows are really starting to come in now so I need to get to work.

One thing I've done is join a challenge. It's called 29 faces. This means that in 30 days I will create and post 29 faces. This will keep me working, keep my blog active and will hopefully give me some artwork to display at my upcoming shows! The challenge begins on September 1st so you can look forward to seeing some faces starting then. I am not very good at them, so I'm not promising much, but this will give me practice!

Down to the cellar I go! Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment