Friday, August 9, 2013

Amazing!

It's so amazing. I have been whining about how I just wasn't feelin' it. I couldn't find any creativity. I thought I was doing my best. I've been looking at the work of artists I admire, trying to get myself into the mood. Trying to jar something in me to give me some ideas. Turns out, all it took was for me to pick up a paint brush and put some paint on it!

I started out just trying to fix a painting that went wrong. I made this painting weeks ago. It was a real quick one. When it was finished, I hated it. My husband hated it. Even my 7 year old grandson who thinks I'm the greatest artist there ever was just wasn't feelin' it. So last night I thought I'd take a shot at trying to revive it. I was amazed to find that while working on that one, all these ideas started flooding into my head. I couldn't believe it! So in the middle of that I decided to sign up for another show to exhibit my art. That makes 2 I need to prepare for now. As I was doing that I started having all sorts of computer trouble and got sidetracked.

It got too late for me to start anything new, but I'll tell ya! As soon as I was out of bed this morning I wanted to grab a paint brush! I knew just what I wanted to do!

During my search for inspiration I visited a friend's blog. She'd been on a watercolor kick recently. I'd never used watercolors before, but of course I had some! I was just afraid to try them out. Seeing the work she created, how beautiful it was made me want to pull them out of the drawer.

Just to try my hand at them without giving much thought to design or subject, I used one of her pieces as my inspiration. I really enjoyed this. It was quick too! One of the things I enjoyed most was there's very little mess! I hate cleaning up after I finish creating something! If you saw where I create, you'd believe that! Anyway, below is what I painted this morning, and you can see my friend's piece and all her other beautiful work at tracywburgos.typepad.com. Now I'm off to create more art!

No comments:

Post a Comment